PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla. (WKRG) — An unexpected surprise was captured off the coast of Northwest Florida of a whale shark on Aug. 9.
The owner of the charter boat in Pensacola Beach spotted the whale shark.
“Before we even determined what was going on I had my fins on, mask on, camera in my hand and hit the water when we were about 600 feet from it and swam right up to it,” said Lucas Doran, scuba instructor.
This video is courtesy of Shark Quest Adventures.
Okaloosa County resident Kenneth Worley and his family shared amazing video of a whale shark encounter off the coast of Destin.
RGC Media, Inc. edited a video for the City of Destin.
- 70s Sunday before cool down for work week
- Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to know about Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- White Sox pitcher Jimmy Cordero suspended 3 games for hitting Willson Contreras; Rick Renteria suspended one game
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director