Chef Sergio Sanchez, executive chef at Diver at the Park in Lakeview joins WGN Weekend Morning News to share his recipe for Steak Tacos.
Diver at the Park is a beachy bar and lounge that aims to bring the mellow vibes of Tulu, Mexico to Wrigleyville. The restaurant features a menu of tacos and margaritas with a large dog-friendly patio and tropical decor, just steps from Wrigley Field.
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs. steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, 1 tbsp. canola oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Marinate meat for 1-4 hours.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp. canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add steak and marinade and cook, stirring often until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes or until desired doneness. This can also be done on the grill.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or on the grill.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and lime.