Chef Rich Levy, owner of Butter and Vine Catering and Events, joins WGN Weekend Morning News to share his recipe for Nectarine Bruschetta with Poached Egs.
Levy’s company offers restaurant-quality meals for both delivery and events, gaining traction during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Butter and Vine Kitchen is located at 4242 West Fullerton Avenue in Chicago.
Nectarine Bruschetta with Poached Eggs
- 4 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. honey
- 2 sliced nectarines
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coarse black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices thick Ciabatta bread
- 2 fresh eggs
- In a small pot, heat water until boiling.
- Add 2 fresh eggs and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside, leaving eggs in water.
- Mix vinegar and honey to dissolve.
- Add nectarine slices and toss to coat completely.
- Let marinate for 12 minutes.
- Add olive oil and black pepper
- Grill sliced bread and spread fresh mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add sliced nectarines and juices on top.
- Plate with 2 soft poached eggs and enjoy!