Chef Jonathon Sawyer of Adorn Bar & Restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel in Chicago joins WGN Weekend Morning News to share his recipe for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
Sawyer was born in Chicago and grew up in Cleveland before beginning his culinary career at The Biltmore Hotel in Miami. Sawyer returned to Chicago last year to lead the team at Adorn.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup self rising or all-purpose flour
- Mix together milk, oil, lemon, ricotta, egg, vanilla and baking soda
- Mix flour and sugar
- Whisk wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Allow the batter to rest for five minutes
- Heat griddle or pan to medium-high
- This recipe makes four medium-sized pancakes, so pour 1/4 o the batter at a time onto the griddle or pan.
- 2-3 minutes per side will yield the fluffiest pancakes
Read more Chicago news headlines here.