The CEO and Founder of Essie Marie’s, Itiona Scott, joins WGN Weekend Morning News to share her recipe for Keto Baked Feta Pasta with Shrimp.
Essie Marie’s is a local woman-owned, Black-owned salad dressing and marinade company that has several products available at Mariano’s stores. Scott is a Chicago native and the brand is inspired by her mother.
Keto Baked Feta Pasta with Shrimp:
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of Essie Marie’s Lemonette Dressing
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 lb. of cleaned shrimp
- 16 oz. low carb healthy noodles or spaghetti squash
- Parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Combine all seasonings into shallow mixing dish.
- Season shrimp with half of seasoning mixture.
- Sear shrimp in on-stick skillet until pink all the way through.
- Set shrimp aside.
- Rinse noodles per package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine feta, vegetables, Essie Marie’s Lemonette and spices.
- Bake in baking dish at 400 degrees uncovered for approximately 30 minutes until softened.
- Mix all softened ingredients together to make a creamy pasta sauce.
- Add shrimp, rinsed noodles and additional quarter-cup to half-cup of Essie Marie’s Lemonette if needed. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.