CHICAGO — Joseph Dellacroce, the owner of GP Italiano, joined WGN Weekend News for Sunday Brunch.
Dellacroce talked about La Grange restaurant week, which runs until March 6, and made some pancetta tortellini with wild boar ragu.
You can learn more about restaurant week and the restaurant online.
Love the WGN Morning News? We love you, too. And you can have all the hijinks delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Sign up and subscribe to our WGN Morning News newsletter.
Recipe for pancetta tortellini with wild boar ragu
- 5 pounds of ricotta cheese
- 5 pounds of pancetta
- 1 cup of onions
- 1 gallon of semolina
- 4 cups of water
- 4 eggs
Wild boar ragu
- 10 pounds of wild boar
- 2 cups of carrots
- 2 cups of celery
- 4 cups of onions
- 2 bunches of rosemary
- 2 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of black pepper
- 4 cups of red wine
- 2 gallons of tomato sauce
- 1 gallon of veal stock
- 4 cups of cream
- Knead all pasta dough ingredients together until smooth dough forms
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Roll dough until the thickness of one-eighth inch
- Cut the dough in 3-inch circles
- Place 1 tbsp of filling in the center of the dough, fold in half, then bring the ends together
- Freeze ravioli for 1 hour
- Cook until al dente, 3 minutes
Steps for the wild boar ragu
- Combine all ingredients and cook for 6 hours on low to medium heat
- Toss cooked tortellini with wild boar ragu