Fabio Viviani, executive chef at Bar Siena, and Top Chef alum, made some stable brunch foods in the studio for Sunday Brunch.
LOBSTER BENEDICT: poached eggs, lobster, braised leeks, tarragon, hollandaise, toasted english muffin.
- English Muffin split 1ea.
- Braised Leeks 4oz.
- Poached eggs 2ea.
- Lobster meat 2oz.
- Tarragon Hollandaise 4oz.
- 4ea egg yolks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1pt melted butter- hot
- cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1tablespoon of boil water
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Julienned Scallion .2oz.
- Maldon Salt .1oz.
- Pepper .1oz
1. In a medium size mixing bowl set over simmering water, whisk egg yolks & lemon juice until pale yellow and thick
2. Gradually, with a steady stream, add in the melted butter until glossy and sauce consistency
3. Season with cayenne and salt to taste
4. Add the boiling water- this sets the emulsion and reduces the risk of it separating.
5. Add in the chopped tarragon,
6.Toast the muffin until hot throughout, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
7. Saute Leeks and Lobster Meat until warm, with no extra color.
8. Top the toasted english muffin with the lobster leek mix
9. Place the par cooked poached eggs in the pot of boiling water and heat them up
10. Top the Muffin & lobster mixture with the eggs and garnish with Hollandaise, Scallion,
salt, and pepper.
Bar Siena in Westfield Old Orchard and their recently debuted brunch menu
Love the WGN Morning News? We love you, too. And you can have all the hijinks delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Sign up and subscribe to our WGN Morning News newsletter.