CONTEST RUNS DECEMBER 3 AT NOON TO DECEMBER 4, 2013 AT 10AM
1. TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. To enter, log on to wgntv.com/contest and click on the “ONE DIRECTION Tickets” Giveaway contest logo, then click the link to the WGN Morning News Facebook page. If you already have a Facebook account, log on using your user name and password, ‘like’ our page at https://www.facebook.com/WGNMorningNews, then go to the “ONE DIRECTION” tab.
Fill out the entry form with your name, e-mail address and phone. If you do not have a Facebook account, create a free Facebook account according to the instructions on the Facebook Website and ‘like’ our page as indicated above. All entries become the property of WGN-TV. WGN-TV is not responsible for entries that are lost, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, late, or misdirected, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit/receive Internet entries
Entries become the property of WGN and will not be returned. WGN is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical or wireless difficulties or inability to transmit Internet or text entries. If the keyword does not appear due to a technical glitch, preempted programming or breaking news, WGN reserves the right to cancel or extend the contest. Any entry without the proper keyword will be disqualified.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: The contest runs December 3 to December 4, 2013 at 10am.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) winner from all entries will be drawn and contacted at or around 10am. The winner will be notified within 2 hours and is subject to eligibility verification. If the winner does not come forward or cannot be found within 2 hours of e-mail notification or via phone or is otherwise found to be ineligible, then another winner shall be chosen in a second random drawing from all remaining eligible entries from that day. Entrants agree that WGN-TV has the sole right to determine the winner of the contest and all matters or disputes arising from the contest and that its determination is final and binding. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
4. THE PRIZES: One (1) winner will receive two (2) fifth row tickets to the One Direction concert on August 29, 2014 at Soldier Field (1410 Museum Campus Dr, Chicago, IL 60605). (ARV: $199).
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
- This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of WGN-TV, the Tribune Company, Syco, Columbia and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising/promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
- Entrants must be legal residents of Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lake, McHenry and Will counties in Illinois, and Jasper, LaPorte, Lake, Newton and Porter Counties in Indiana who are 13 years and older at the time of entry.
- Winners who have won a prize from WGN-TV since June 10, 2013 are ineligible and will be disqualified.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Use of winner’s name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Contest Sponsors, their agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
- Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within thirty days of the contest, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
- Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Contest Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest, or their receipt or use of the contest prize, and any contest-related travel or activity.
- Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Contest Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, WGN-TV reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
7. INTERNET/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason, this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, WGN-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc, shall become the property of WGN-TV, and may be used by WGN-TV for marketing or promotional purposes. Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. COPY OF RULES: A copy of the rules is available at WGNtv.com or by sending an envelope to: WGN-TV “One Direction” Rules, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618.
10. WINNERS LIST: Can be obtained by sending an envelope to WGN-TV “One Direction” Winner List, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618 after December 4, 2013 and before January 4, 2014.