Unattended candle cause of Lincoln Park condo fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An unattended burning candle caused a fire that gutted a Lincoln Park condo Monday night.

Chicago firefighters had the fire out quickly after arriving at 428 W. Demming Place.

The owner of the third floor unit told investigators she left the candle burning in the living room while cooking dinner in the kitchen.

She was alerted to the fire when the smoke alarm sounded, the living room was already engulfed in flames, she told firefighters.

The fire was contained to the unit.  Other units did get smoke damage.

Popular

Latest News

More News