CHICAGO — Going door-to-door while dressed in a costume is definitely fun, but it’s pretty clear Halloween is really all about the candy. From deciding what “Please Take One” REALLY means to sorting it all out afterwards, everyone’s fond memories of the spooky holiday are clearly colored by the sugar rush that follows.
Americans will spend $2.7 billion this year on Halloween Candy, according to the National Confectioners’ Association, with around 72 percent saying chocolate is their favorite of them all. Here in Illinois, a survey by the website Influenster of 40,000 of its users found that Snickers were the chocolate of choice. But what about in the rest of America? A study by 24/7 Wall Street ranks the most popular options based on total sales over the past year.
Do you agree with this list? Cast a vote for your favorite below!
10. Almond Joy ($82.25 million)
9. Milky Way ($93.46 million)
8. Hershey’s Cookies ‘N’ Creme ($100.70 million)
7. 3 Musketeers ($101.27 million)
6. Twix 4 To Go ($116.13 million)
5. Kit Kat ($306.51 million)
4. Hershey’s ($324.63 million)
3. Snickers ($456.91 million)
2. M&M’s ($500.82 million)
1. Reese’s ($509.85 million)