This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO — A toddler is critically injured after a house fire on the South Side.

The fire started around 9 p.m. Wednesday near 56th and Damen in the city’s Englewood neighborhood.

Officials say the fire broke out due to a space heater that was too close to flammable material. The home also had no working smoke detectors.

The 1-year-old victim is getting emergency treatment Thursday morning.

The fire caused enough damage to displace three adults and a child.

This is a developing story. Check back for details.