As storms pass through the Chicago region Tuesday night, CTA and Metra have delayed service to some trains due to weather conditions.
As a result of high winds and debris, CTA announced the following delays:
- Purple Line trains are standing at Linden (debris on tracks)
- Brown Line trains are standing at Sedwick (debris on tracks)
- Red Line service has been temporarily suspended between Grand and Cermak (debris on tracks)
- Service on the Yellow Line has been temporarily suspended (debris on tracks)
SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS: More than 110K ComEd customers without power as storms roll
Metra also announced train delays, affecting service to the following:
- Inbound and outbound train movement halted between Barrington and McHenry (weather/high winds)
- UPDATE: Inbound and outbound trains may be operating with extensive delays
Click here for information on service delays.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.