‘Sesame’ CEO apologizes, says veteran actors may return to Sesame Street

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Sesame Workshop has apologized for what it calls “misunderstandings around the changing cast roles at ‘Sesame Street.’

A statement Tuesday from Sesame Workshop CEO Jeffrey D. Dunn attempts to clarify the status of three veteran actors on the long-running children’s series: Emilio Delgado, who plays Luis the handyman; Roscoe Orman, who plays Gordon; and Bob McGrath, part of the original cast since 1969.

Last week, a public uproar erupted from McGrath’s assertion that they had been fired months before.

Dunn acknowledged that producers could have done a better job of communicating future episode plans with the three stars.

He said he expected to meet with each of them to discuss how they could possibly fit into the show’s new format.

I have been in touch with each of them to meet in person about how we best adapt their talents to the current content needs and preschool media landscape, in a way that honors their historic contributions. We are very grateful for the many loyal fans of Sesame who continue to care so deeply about the show and what it means to them.

 

Popular

Latest News

More News