PALATINE, Ill. — Lifeguards saved a small child from drowning at a suburban Palatine pool on Tuesday.
According to Palatine Fire Chief Patrick Gratzianna, first responders were called to the Birchwood Pool, located in the 400 block of W. Illinois, around 1:20 p.m.
Authorities responded to a call for a drowning.
Emergency crews who arrived on the scene were notified that the child was saved by lifeguards who pulled the youth from the water and conducted CPR.
The child was resuscitated and eventually able to talk to family and paramedics, the fire chief said.
Police say the child was brought to the hospital as a precaution.
“Lifeguards made a good rescue,” Gratzianna said.
LATEST WGN NEWS HEADLINES:
- 4-year-old shot while riding inside SUV in West Lawn, police say
- Evanston teen born with his intestines outside of his stomach now a star high school football player
- Dog missing after armed carjacking in Homewood
- Woman charged in fatal domestic-related stabbing in West Englewood, police say
- Legendary guitarist James Burton confirms kidney cancer diagnosis