According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Space Force General David Thompson tests positive for the coronavirus
- 84-year-old in Ohio assaulted over Biden sign, police say
- As bars and restaurants express concern about indoor dining ban, Lightfoot tones down criticism
- Foxx makes final pitch about why she deserves second term; O’Brien hopes for upset
- Windy, chilly days ahead; slight warmup on Halloween