EVANSTON, Ill – Northwestern University is facing backlash over its pick for athletic director.
The Chicago-Tribune reports the Evanston-area university announced on Monday they would promote Mike Polisky, who has served as deputy athletic director since 2010. Polisky is part of an ongoing investigation, however.
He was named as a defendant in a federal lawsuit filed by a former cheerleader earlier this year.
The suit claims Polisky failed to address claims of sexual harassment. Six female faculty members sent an open letter demanding greater transparency.
They plan to protest in front of the university president’s home on Friday.
LATEST WGN HEADLINES:
- Police: 4-year-old, 17-year-old shot on South Side; both good condition
- Lunchbreak: Grilled Swordfish Steak
- Better Business Bureau warnings on storm damage & Amazon Prime Day scams
- Why does it seem as if an inordinate number of high and low pressure systems hang over Lake Superior?
- Midday Fix: How to make sure your vacation isn’t impacted by the car rental shortage