NORTH RIVERSIDE, Ill. – A mother in the western suburbs want to warn other parents of a potential danger as Halloween draws near.
Amanda Salinas says her children were using Day of the Dead temporary tattoos that were purchased from the store Spirit Halloween in North Riverside.
Minutes after her husband applied them to the girls’ faces, they started to complain of it burning.
Her husband took off the tattoos and washed the girls’ faces but the next day there were open sores where the stickers used to be.
The girls, ages 6 and 11, were treated by their doctor for chemical burns.
The management of Spirit Halloween refuses to acknowledge there is an issue and the stickers are still on sale.
— Tom Negovan (@WGNNegovan) October 30, 2015