More charges for man accused of claiming to be Timmothy Pitzen

News

A 23-year-old ex-convict accused of pulling a cruel hoax by pretending to be a long-missing Illinois boy was charged Friday with making false statements to federal authorities. The FBI said Brian Rini had made false claims twice before, portraying himself as a juvenile sex-trafficking victim. The Medina, Ohio, man was jailed in Cincinnati on Thursday, […]

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CINCINNATI — An Ohio man accused of claiming to be a missing child from Illinois is facing new charges.

A federal grand jury has indicted 23-year-old Brian Michael Rini of Medina, Ohio, on two counts of lying to federal agents and one count of aggravated identity theft.

He had been arrested earlier on a single false statement count after DNA testing proved he wasn’t Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared in 2011 at age 6.

Rini is being held without bond. Arraignment is scheduled Friday. A message seeking comment was left Thursday with his federal public defender.

Police picked up Rini the morning of April 3 on the streets of Newport, Kentucky.

They said that he told them he was Timmothy and that he had escaped two kidnappers after years of sexual abuse.

Popular

Latest News

More News