For Thursday, April 27 WGN’s Medical Reporter Dina Bair has the latest on new information including the following.
- Some new insight into what causes Autism. Changes in a father’s sperm are linked to Autistic traits in their children.
- Genes may play a role in opioid addiction and the results of a new study may help in the development of better treatments for opioid use disorder.
- And a deadly eating disorder may start in the gut.
- The White House COVID-19 response team announced Monday that an average of 3.1 million shots are given every day in the past week.
- A new COVID-19 vaccine could be the key to bringing it poorer countries faster.
- It’s already known that a diet filled with sugar can lead to obesity in kids. Now researchers say it may affect brain development in children.
- New research may give insight into why redheads feel pain differently.
Both humans and animals with red hair or fur have been known to have lower tolerances for pain.