For Thursday, May 6, WGN’s Medical Reporter Dina Bair has the latest on new information including:
- Asthma attacks plummeted among black and Hispanic people in pandemic.
- Obesity has been linked to more serious Covid infections and a greater risk for death but the association is even more powerful for men.
- Men who are more prone to hair loss are also more likely to come down with a severe case of COVID-19.
- A red flag for pregnant women in pandemic. Post-partum stress is an even greater risk during pandemic.
- Being overweight can cause physical pain. According to Texas A & M researchers, body mass index alters the risk for neck pain.
- A new study finds three things can help you react faster when you’re behind the wheel; coffee, rap music and noisy kids.