CHICAGO – Authorities in Chicago have arrested a 26-year-old man accused of shooting two women last December.
Joshua Jones was identified by police as the person who opened fire on a vehicle in the 4800 block of W. Harrison St. in the city’s West Austin neighborhood on Dec. 23.
The women, age 24 and 22, were both struck. One suffered serious injuries.
On Tuesday, Jones was arrested in Crest Hill without incident. He is charged with aggravated battery and the discharge of a firearm.
He is due in court Friday.
LATEST WGN HEADLINES:
- ‘It sucks and I’m scared:’ Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus announces cancer diagnosis
- Anti-violence activists set to walk from Chicago to Washington D.C.
- United Center mass vaccination site to close Thursday
- Northern Illinois University to require all students receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Woman shot, killed in Humboldt Park hours before couple dragged out of car in viral video