CICERO, Ill. — A man charged with a bowling ball attack is being held on $500,000 bond.
No plea was entered during a court hearing Tuesday morning.
DEVELOPING: Suspect in last month’s attack at Cicero bowling alley held on $500K bond. 30yo Demetrius Easton charged with Attempted First Degree Murder for allegedly hitting man with 14lb bowling ball. Victim serious with fractured skull. @WGNNews pic.twitter.com/lH0NX5wfDQ
— Nancy Loo (@NancyLoo) October 15, 2019
Demetrius Easton, 30, is charged with attempted first-degree murder in the attack on Sept. 5 at Town Hall Bowl, in the 5000 block of West 25th Street, in Cicero.
Easton struck Diamante Williams, 28, in the head with 14-pound bowling ball. Williams suffered a skull fracture and was placed in a medically induced coma to aid his recovery. Police said he remains hospitalized in serious condition.
Police said the fight occurred during a promotion at the bowling alley. He said someone ran from the bowling alley to flag down a police car to report the attack.
Prosecutors are confident about the case, noting there are clear images of Easton coming and going from the bowling alley, along with cellphone video of the actual attack.
Easton is due back in court on Oct. 25.