Lightning strikes house, causes gas leak in Monee

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONEE, Ill. — A lightning strike caused a gas leak in Monee early Thursday morning.

Fire crews responded to a house in the 25800 block of Sunrise Court for a gas leak.

Eight homes were evacuated due to the incident. No injuries have been reported.

Authorities say the village hall is open as a shelter for those affected.



Latest News

More News