SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Heavy metal band Megadeth will be the opening act at this year’s Illinois State Fair, playing August 9 at the Illinois Lottery Grandstand Stage.
Megadeth has sold 38 million albums and received 12 Grammy nominations. The group’s 15th studio album, Dystopia, was released in 2016. Concert tickets go on sale April 20 via Ticketmaster and on April 22 at the state fairgrounds in Springfield.
The fair runs from August 8 to 18. Performers scheduled to play on the Grandstand Stage include:
- Friday, August 9: Megadeth
- Saturday, August 10: Bad Company
- Sunday, August 11: Dan + Shay
- Monday, August 12: The Traveling Salvation Show (A Tribute to Neil Diamond)
- Tuesday, August 13: Why Don’t We
- Wednesday, August 14: Pentatonix with Rachel Platten
- Thursday, August 15: Old Dominion
- Friday, August 16: Snoop Dogg & Friends (Dogg Pound, Warren G, DJ Quik, Twista and Do or Die)
- Saturday, August 17: Shinedown
- Sunday, August 18: Reba McEntire with Rachel Wammack