Gas leak to blame for Cal City home explosion

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Officials believe a gas leak is to blame for an explosion of an abandoned Calumet City home on Saturday afternoon.

The blast occurred on the 300 block of Yates Avenue knocking a brick home from its foundation.

Firefighters arrived on the scene at approximately 1 PM.

No one was injured, and surrounding homes sustained no damage according to officials.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Popular

Latest News

More News