Chicago’s Very Own WGN-TV aired “From the Border to Chicago” on Wednesday, June 28 at 6:30pm CT, reported by WGN’s Lourdes Duarte.
The WGN News special covers the recent influx of migrants into the Chicago area and spends time with newly arriving families along with Chicagoans who are helping. The special also examines the costs associated with these changes, the impact on struggling communities in Chicago and the suburbs, and what happens next.
You can view all of the stories below.
- From the Border to Chicago: Migrant housing in communities already pushing for more resources
- From the Border to Chicago: Asylum process could take years
- From the Border to Chicago: 25% of new arrivals are children
- Mary Meg McCarthy, Congressman Mike Quigley discuss what migrants face when looking for a job
- From the Border to Chicago: Migrants seek shelter at Police Stations
WGN-TV is Chicago’s Very Own source for news and entertainment and is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. WGN News programs more local news than any other Chicago TV station and can be seen on WGN-TV; the WGN+ TV streaming app on Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV; online at WGNTV.com/Live and the WGN News mobile app. In-depth local weather coverage is available on all newscasts, WGNTV.com/Weather and the WGN Weather mobile app. WGN Films, part of WGN-TV, presents compelling and in-depth cinematic journalism that goes beyond the headlines to explore the stories and issues that affect Chicago area communities. WGN 9.2 is the Chicago affiliate for Nexstar Media Inc.’s 1950s – 1970s classic TV network Antenna TV, WGN 9.3 is the Chicago affiliate for Grit, WGN 9.4 is the Chicago affiliate for Nexstar Media Inc.’s 1980s – 2000s retro TV network Rewind TV, and WGN 9.5 is the Chicago affiliate for TBD. For more information on Chicago’s Very Own WGN-TV, go to WGNTV.com