This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS (WXIN) — A man fatally shot four people after an argument over a stimulus check in Indiana.

Malik Halfacre, is accused of shooting four people at a home on Randolph Road on Saturday after arguing with the mother of his child who refused to give him half of her stimulus check.

Jeanettrius Moore’s family said she was a hard worker at a beauty supply shop. She worked to support herself and two little girls. Her family said she appreciated the most recent $1,400 stimulus check.

The father of her youngest baby, Halfacre, thought he should get half of that money, but Moore only gave him $450 after he insisted. Wendy Johnson, Moore’s cousin said Halfacre vowed to “get that money.”

On Saturday evening, Moore was outside her home when Halfacre walked up. Johnson said Halfacre gave her cousin an “evil look” and walked away, but he came back.

Police said after Halfacre came back to the home, he shot and killed four people. Moore was wounded in the incident and Halfacre took their baby and left the home.

The family identified those who were killed as Moore’s 7-year-old daughter, Eve Moore, her brother, Daquan Moore, 23, her mother, Tomeeka Brown, 44, and her cousin, Anthony Johnson, 35.

“Malik came back in the house asking, ‘Where’s the money?’ said Johnson, repeating the account Jeanettrius told her.

“They’re like, ‘What money? What? What are you talking about?’

“He said, ‘Where’s the money? Where’s the money?’”

Johnson said she was told that’s when Halfacre started going through Moore’s purse.

“Daquan was trying to save his sister,” Johnson said. “He stood up and said, ‘You cannot have the money. You cannot have her money.’ [Moore] pushed Malik, and Malik pulled out the gun and just started killing everybody.”

“He shot Daquan first. He shot Anthony. He turned around, and he shot my Auntie Tomeeka. My Auntie Tomeeka said, ‘Malik!’ and he shot her again. He came back and shot Daquan for the second time and somewhere between little baby Eve got hit somewhere and she was screaming, she was screaming.”

Johnson said Moore recalled that Halfacre took her and their infant daughter to the car, and after strapping the baby into a child safety seat, he reentered the house to retrieve a milk bottle.

“He went back in the house, and that’s when he shot Anthony again when he was coming down the steps,” Johnson said. “When he went in the house, that was Jeanettrius’ cue to run for her life, and that’s what she did. Ran for her life in traffic across New York Street and knocking on everyone’s doors.”

Moore hid on a neighbor’s porch until police officers arrived as Halfacre drove away with their child.

“He told her that she made him kill everybody,” Johnson said. “She made him do it.”

Moore directed officers to the home a block north where the victims were discovered. At the same time, Lorenzo Moore walked in the back door to find his brother, Daquan, and the rest of his family.

“I seen all my family members in there on the floor dead,” Lorenzo Moore said. “I could put the picture together of how everything went down and how everybody went.”

He said he was in disbelief. He called Halfacre a “monster” who was let out of prison. Halfacre was accused of shooting a man five times on the city’s northwest side in early 2017 but was released from custody in 2018 after pleading guilty to a lesser charge.

Lorenzo Moore said the family knew Halfacre always carried a gun. He said he didn’t have a job and would spend his days “laying around being lazy.”

He said his sister was afraid of Halfacre.

“It was like you could feel this fear, but you never want to do anything about it because you’re too scared and it might come to what it’s come to,” he said. “Just him being angry about not having any money and him not doing anything for himself, so he thought he would just take something from her.”

The couple’s baby was recovered unharmed on the city’s northeast side.

Almost 24 hours after the killing, following a four-hour SWAT standoff on the east side, Halfacre emerged from a duplex in handcuffs after hiding in an attic to avoid several volleys of tear gas that had been fired inside.

The family now is struggling to raise the funds to bury four loved ones.