Illinois residents still have one week left to apply for assistance with utility bills.
The deadline for the “Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program” is Memorial Day, May 31.
Residents are encouraged to apply regardless of their immigrant status. All applicants need is proof of income and a recent bill from a utility company.
Anyone interested may go online at HelpIllinoisFamilies.com or call the Community and Economic Development Association at (800) 571-2332.
LATEST WGN NEWS HEADLINES:
- Police: 4 men in motorcycle club shot on South Side
- ‘Jeopardy!’ apologizes for using insensitive term to describe medical condition: ‘Outdated and inaccurate’
- Pattern change— drought-altering rains ahead?
- Lakeview coffeehouse spreads cups of joy through written words
- Chicago’s June 1959 flooding rains that reversed area drought