COOK COUNTY, Ill. – There is still more time for people living in Suburban Cook County to get help with rent and utilities.
The Emergency Rental Assistance program is accepting applications through Friday. The program pays up to 12 months of missed rent and utilities.
The program also pays up to three months of future rent.
Under the program, the money will be paid directly to the landlord and utility company.
Locals interested in applying can visit cookcountyil.gov and search for emergency rental assistance.
LATEST WGN HEADLINES:
- Record number of migrant buses arrive in Chicago in single weekend; city discusses its response
- Travis Kelce jersey sales increase nearly 400% after Taylor Swift attends Chiefs game: report
- Driver pleads not guilty in Vermont crash that killed actor Treat Williams
- 7 people targeted in string of armed robberies on South, West sides
- Almanac for September 26, 2023