HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) — A dead person has been was found inside a car submerged in a lake straddling Northwest Indiana and Illinois, police said.
Officers responded about 11 p.m. Tuesday to a report of a vehicle in Wolf Lake, Hammond police Lt. Steve Kellogg said. They found the car completely submerged and saw tracks that appeared to come from a nearby bike path.
The male, whose identity had not been released by Wednesday afternoon, was the car’s sole occupant and was found in the driver’s seat, Kellogg said.
Hammond firefighters removed the car from the lake, The (Northwest Indiana) Times reported.
LATEST WGN HEADLINES:
- Indiana lawmakers advance bill banning transgender athletes
- Neil Young calls for his music to be pulled off Spotify over vaccine misinformation, reports say
- New mental health hotline coming to Illinois
- Recent snows put a dent in area snow drought; bitterly cold air follows on heels of latest Alberta Clipper bringing the Chicago area its coldest temperatures in nearly a year with dangerous wind chills as low as -30 degrees
- Tax season is underway but this year’s filing may look different