WGN-TV aired a news special “The George Floyd Tragedy – One Year Later” on Tuesday, May 25 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. An encore will air on Saturday, May 29 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Hosted by Micah Materre and Ray Cortopassi, the special marks one year since the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The hour-long special will take a closer look at the tragic day that sparked outrage, protests, and a movement here in Chicago and around the world.
The George Floyd Tragedy: A timeline of events
The George Floyd Tragedy: Social justice movement in the wake of Floyd’s death
The George Floyd Tragedy: Police reform efforts since Floyd’s death
The George Floyd Tragedy: One Year Later
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: The legacy of George Floyd and the reckoning of race relations in America
- A look back at the George Floyd protests, riots and the impact in Chicago
- From video to verdict, Minneapolis endures through George Floyd tragedy
- Police reform one year after George Floyd
- Killing of Floyd spotlights fraught relationship between police and Black community