RIVER GROVE, Ill. — For those still looking for a COVID-19 vaccine, waiting on the phone and refreshing your web browser is no longer necessary if you’re in Cook County.
Walk-in appointments are now optional at Tinley Park, Matteson, River Grove, South Holland, Des Plaines and Forest Park. Certain locations will offer both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.
Cook County’s largest vaccination site at the United Center already accepts walk-ins.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is expected to make a return to sites soon as well, with the potential for the Tinley Park Convention Center to start using the vaccine soon.
Close to 24 percent of Illinois residents have completed their vaccinations, with almost 41 percent having at least one shot of a vaccine.
Walk-in appointments are available at the following locations:
- Tinley Park Convention Center – 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, IL 60477
- Former Target store – 4647 Promenade Way, Matteson, IL 60443
- Triton College – 2000 5th Avenue, River Grove, IL 60171
- South Suburban College – 15800 State Street, South Holland, IL 60473
- Former Kmart store – 1155 East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, IL 60018
- Former HOBO store – 7600 West Roosevelt Road, Forest Park, IL 60130
The Pfizer vaccine is the only vaccine currently approved for 16 and 17 year olds. Individuals age 16 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Individuals can still make appointments at vaccine.cookcountyil.gov or by calling 833-308-1988, Monday – Friday from 7AM – 10PM and Saturday from 8AM – 10PM.
Hours of sites are subject to change, visit https://cookcountyhealth.org/covid19-vaccine-sites/ for updated hours of operation.
The mobile vaccination site in Summit will continue to offer walk-in availability, however it is generally limited to individuals in the surrounding communities: Summit, McCook, Hodgkins, Justice, Bridgeview and Chicago Ridge.