CHICAGO — The Illinois Department of Public Health on Friday reported 2,120 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state including 20 additional confirmed deaths.
The deaths were reported in the following counties:
- Cook County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 2 females 70s, 1 male 80s
- DeKalb County: 1 infant
- DuPage County: 1 male 40s
- Edgar County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s
- Franklin County: 1 male 50s
- Lake County: 1 male 80s
- McHenry County: 1 male 60s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 30s, 1 female 80s
- Will County: 1 male 70s
- Williamson County: 1 female 80s, 2 females 90s
Currently the IDPH is reporting a total of 270,327 cases, including 8,411 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
As of Thursday night, 1,481 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 329 patients were in the ICU and 149 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The numbers come as Gov. JB Pritzker and the IDPH announced that Region 7, which includes the greater Will and Kankakee County areas, will return to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan at 5 p.m. Friday.