CHICAGO — Chicago police reported of 19 people being shot on the city’s South Side in overnight violence.
A total of seven people were injured in a shooting in Austin around 1:00 a.m. Sunday. Police reported of shots fired in the 4800 block of West Iowa Street after an argument broke out.
Multiple people were shot and transported to the hospital.
- A 25-yer-old was discovered on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds
- A 17-year-old girl sustained a gunshot wound to the leg and is in good condition
- A 27-year-old man was shot in the leg and is in good condiition
- A 29-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and arm and is i critical condition
- A 29-year-old man was shot in the arm and is in good condition
- A 28-year-old woman was shot in the ear and is in good condition
- A 28-year-old man was shot in the arm and leg and is in good condition
According to police, a 19-year-old man was shot in the chest near the 3800 block of West Ohio Street and was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Another victim was found a short distance away with a gunshot wound to the right arm and graze wound to the face and was transported to the hospital in good condition.
Around 11:06 p.m. Saturday night police found a 40-year-old man with gunshot wounds to the neck and right shoulder in the 8300 block of South Ingleside Avenue. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead a short time after.
Another 40-year-old man was found in a driver seat unresponsive with gunshot wounds to the neck in the 1900 block of South Fairfield Avenue. He is in critical condition. Shell casings were also discovered near the scene.
Around 1:20 a.m. a 34-year-old man was found with multiple gunshot wounds to the body near the 300 block of East Huron Street. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition and later succumbed to his injuries.
A 27-year-old man came to Northwestern Memorial hospital with a gunshot wound to the left leg and stated he was the first victim.
There is no one in custody at this time and police are investigating all incidents.