This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO — Two brothers, a 22-year-old man and a 17-year-old, have been charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a WGN-TV security guard, according to Chicago police.

Gregory Watson, 22

Police said 17-year-old Dameonte Watson was arrested Monday around 3:20 p.m. in the 6900 block of South East End Ave.

Gregory Watson, 22, was also arrested Monday around 3:15 p.m. in the 6800 block of South Euclid Avenue. 

Both were identified as the offenders who participated in the homicide of 35-year-old Salena Claybourne just 20 minutes earlier.

The 17-year-old was held without bail on Wednesday. Watson is set to appear in court Thursday.

Police said Claybourne was on her way home from her shift at WGN when she stopped for gas in the 6700 block of South Jeffery just after 3 p.m. Monday. She was sitting in her vehicle when a black sedan pulled up next to her and someone inside opened fire. Police said she was shot in the left shoulder and face.

“(Defendant Two) Gregory is seen on video leaning into (Victim) Claybourne’s driver’s side and within seconds, (Defendant Two) shoots multiple times,” Cook County Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy said.

Claybourne was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where she was later pronounced dead.

Prosecutors say witnesses saw the shooting unfold.

“(Witness One) described (Defendant One) Dameonte as skinny and wearing all black and he saw his bright red underwear because his pants were low,” Murphy said.

Police said both brothers ran from the scene but were located by responding officers, and placed into custody and charged.

“At approximately 3:05 p.m., private surveillance video shows the two individuals at 69th and Bennett matching the descriptions. At 3:06 p.m., private surveillance video shows (Defendant One) Dameontae tossing a gun over a fence (in the 6800 block of South Bennett Avenue),” Murphy said.

Police recovered two handguns. 

Authorities say testing shows that the two shell casings recovered from the crime scene were fired from one of the recovered handguns. 

Prosecutors say Gregory Watson provided a recorded statement to investigators.

“He said that he told her that he just wanted the car and he said he flashed his gun so she could see it. He said that he saw security on her jacket. He said that he gave his handgun to his brother, who hid them,” Murphy said.

Claybourne was the sister of a Chicago police officer. On Wednesday, CPD Supt. David Brown offered his condolences. 

“We are grieving with this family and we are doing everything we can to hopefully bring them some small measure of closure with this arrest,” Brown said.  

Claybourne leaves behind two daughters. A GoFundMe has been started to help her girls and with funeral expenses.