CHICAGO — The Chicago Police Department is looking for a few new officers.
Actually, it’s looking to hire nearly 1,000 officers over the next two years.
Starting Tuesday, interested parties can start their path to a new career with an online application.
That application can be found at ChicagoPolice.org.
They’re being accepted until January 31, 2017.
After applicants hand them in, they will be contacted about taking the written exam on April 1 or 2.
Officers can earn over $72,000 a year after 18 months on the job.
The website posts the following requirements for hire:
- 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from an accredited college or university, or 3 years active duty, or one year active duty and 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours)
- A valid Driver’s License
- A valid FOID
- Actual Resident of the City of Chicago
- Permanent resident of the United States (Citizenship is NOT required)
- Those who pass the written examination will be randomly referred to CPD for further processing which includes:
- POWER test (Police Officer’s Wellness Evaluation Report) – tests for physical ability
- Background investigation
- Drug screening
- Medical Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Other tests as required by CPD