CHICAGO – Touting it as “a richly curated slate of musical events,” the Lyric Opera has announced the details for their upcoming 2023-2024 slate of performances.
It will start in September and run through April 2024 with a collection of performances for fans of the historic opera company that will be staging its 69th season.
Performances of “The Flying Dutchman” will start the season along with an opening gala featuring “An Evening with Audra McDonald.” Other musical shows include “The Daughter of the Regiment,” “Jenůfa.” “Cinderella,” “Champion,” “Aida,” and Mozart’s “Requiem.”
“Opera is at a very challenging moment, and I am proud of how our entire company is rising to that challenge every day,” Lyric Opera president, CEO, and general director Anthony Freud in a statement. “Despite the painful new economic realities of producing grand opera, Lyric will present a varied and compelling 2023/24 Season that keeps our main pillars front and center: presenting the best singers in the world, bringing exciting and thought-provoking large-scale productions to the stage, and offering fresh contemporary perspectives that point to the future of our beloved art form.”
Full details for the show can be found here.
Here is the full 2023-2024 schedule for the Lyric Opera
- September 23-October 7, 2023 – The Flying Dutchman
- October 6, 2023 – Season Opening Gala: An Evening with Audra McDonald
- November 4-25, 2023 – The Daughter of the Regiment
- November 12-26 – Jenůfa
- January 21–February 10, 2024 – Cinderella
- January 27-February 11, 2024 – Champion
- March 9–April 7, 2024 – Aida
- March 22 & 24, 2024 – Mozart’s Requiem