Bob Simon, “60 Minutes” correspondent, killed in car crash

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW YORK —   CBS says longtime ’60 Minutes’ correspondent Bob Simon has been killed in New York City car crash.

He was 73 years old.

The crash happened Wednesday in Manhattan. Police say a town car in which he was a passenger hit another car.

Simon and the town car’s driver were taken to a hospital, where Simon was pronounced dead.

Simon covered stories including the Vietnam War and the Oscar-nominated movie “Selma” in a career spanning five decades.

CBS says Simon was among a handful of elite journalists who’ve covered most major overseas conflicts and news stories since the late 1960s.

Simon had been contributing to “60 Minutes” on a regular basis since 1996. He also was a correspondent for “60 Minutes II.”

https://twitter.com/PIX11News/status/565701097046941698/

Popular

Latest News

More News