* The Islanders are 5-0-0-1 in their last six home games against the Blackhawks dating back to the 2003-04 season. Chicago’s last regulation road win over the Isles was on December 10, 2002.
* In their final season with Nassau Coliseum as their home venue, the Islanders’ 47 victories were their most since winning the last of four straight Stanley Cups in 1983-84. Their 25 home wins were tied for the third most in the Eastern Conference.
* Chicago is trying to become the first team to successfully defend their Stanley Cup title since the Detroit Red Wings in 1997-98.
* Artemi Panarin scored in his first NHL game in Chicago’s season-opening loss to the Rangers on Wednesday. He is one of six players so far this season to score a goal in his NHL debut.
* The Blackhawks and Islanders each had eight players with 14 or more goals last season, tied with the Rangers and Nashville Predators for the most in the NHL. For the Isles, all eight players are back for them this season.
* Last season, John Tavares became the third Islanders’ player to finish as an Art Ross Trophy runner-up. Islander legends Brian Trottier (1977-78) and Mike Bossy (1981-82) are the other two. Trottier is the Islanders’ only winner of the Art Ross Trophy with 134 points in 1978-79.