Students injured in cooking class incident at Northside College Prep

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Several Chicago public school students were  injured today when gas ignites during a cooking class.      The Northside College Prep High School kids were heating hot chocolate on a single-burner stove when the ignition happened.

One student is in serious condition at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, and their face and arm is being treated for burns.

Another is in good-to-fair condition and two others are in fair-to-serious condition.

A fifth student declined to be taken to a hospital.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Latest News

More News