WGN Morning News’ Robin Baumgarten is trying her hand at cooking once again — and whips up a retro recipe for Tomato-Ham Buffet Ring.
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 can (1 1/4 cups) Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese or 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 cups ground cooked ham
- Soften gelatin in 3/4 cup water, set aside.
- Combine soup and remaining 1 cup water; heat thoroughly.
- Remove soup from heat; add gelatin and cream cheese and stir or beat until smooth.
- Cool; add lemon juice, onion, mayonnaise, mustard and ham.
- Rinse an 8-inch ring mold with cold water.
- Pour in mixture and chill until firm.
- Unmold on lettuce or other salad greens.
- Garnish with deviled eggs and/or rip olives.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
Love the Morning News? We love you too. Sign up for the WGN Morning Newsletter. Get the latest and greatest stories and headlines from the WGN Morning News delivered right to your inbox every day.