LOS ANGELES -- It's rush week on some campuses across the country, but the ladies of the Alpha Chi Omega chapter at the University of Southern California are getting the most attention.
An anonymous tipster forwarded an email with some of the sorority's "guidelines" to the Jezebel. The blog then promptly posted the email online.
Here are some of the sorority's "suggestions:"
- "I cannot stress how important Spanx are to make you look your best. Even if you are very thin, Spanx will give you a better "line" when you wear clothes (no awkward bumps!)"
- "Remember: Your hair needs to be one normal color.No crazy ombre, no color you wouldn't see in nature."
- And: "You cannot have roots during recruitment."
- When it comes to grooming: "Eyebrows shape your face. Bad eyebrows will make you look less beautiful than you actually are.
- And of course health: "Stay away from fried and super sugary foods. Your face will seriously brighten up. Also, exercise. Start now."
- Plus: "No glasses during rush week...we want recruits to see your pretty eyes."
Read the full letter below:
[protected-iframe id="461af9c4118bd74f5dadeff1568b7d1b-41641997-42439870" info="https://www.scribd.com/embeds/252757368/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-SEgHCsJaxIgNTkxhhWNn&show_recommendations=true" ]