This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
While you’re traveling, if you’re going into town to try some authentic foods, travel expert Mark Murphy shares some dos and don’ts depending on where you go:
- VIETNAM: Never, ever.
- SINGAPORE: Yes, relatively safe to eat!
- INDIA: Don’t eat anywhere outside of your hotel or a restaurant.
- TAIPEI: Opt for the night markets.
- MALAYSIA: Stick to the Hawker Centers.
- MEXICO: Skip the water/ice in everything, including drinks, and ask about the water food is washed in.
More info: http://www.markmurphytravels.com/