On his weekly cooking segment, WGN Entertainment Reporter Dean Richards shares a recipe for Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Easter Ham — and also some ideas for catering and ordering in.
Special thanks to Himmel’s and Buca di Beppo.
Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Easter Ham
- 7-8 pound spiral-cut ham (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- fresh or canned pineapple slices
- Use a 6-7 quart slow cooker
- Place the ham into the slow cooker stoneware, flat-side down
- Rub brown sugar on all sides. Pour on maple syrup and pineapple juice
- Place pineapple slices all over the top of the ham
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Hour before serving, baste ham with the collected juices from the bottom of the slow cooker.
- When cooking is done, remove carefully and let it rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before carving.