WGN Entertainment Reporter Dean Richards is sharing social distancing comfort food recipes.
Today, Dean shares an easy recipe for Sheet Pan Greek Chicken with Roasted Potatoes.
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons oregano, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (12-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, trimmed
- 8 thin lemon slices and half lemon.
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 inch diameter), halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (from 1 tomato)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack about 8 inches from heat.
- Combine onion powder, salt, thyme, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and 2 teaspoons of the oregano in a mini food processor; pulse several times until well blended. Add oil; pulse until combined.
- Place chicken and lemons on a rimmed baking sheet; rub chicken evenly with 1⁄4 cup of the herb mixture. Toss potatoes with remaining 3 tablespoons herb mixture. Arrange potatoes around chicken and lemon slices. Roast in preheated oven until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken registers 155°F and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes
- Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil until skin is browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon, tomato, olives, feta, and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and 1 teaspoon oregano.