WGN Entertainment Reporter Dean Richards shares two social distancing comfort food recipes.
Today, Dean shares an easy recipe for Chicken and Pasta Primavera.
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup canned or dairy milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 oz can mixed vegetables(or 2 cups broccoli florets)
- 14 oz can sliced mushrooms(or fresh sliced mushrooms)
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 ½ cups farfalle pasta
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chicken chunks, drained
- Step 1: Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, prepare the cream sauce. In a medium saucepan mix together cream of mushroom soup, milk, Parmesan Cheese, pepper, broccoli, garlic powder, and carrots. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
- Step 3 Stir pasta and chicken into cream sauce, and heat through.