WGN Entertainment Reporter Dean Richards is sharing social distancing comfort food recipes.
Today, Dean shares easy recipe for BBQ Pork Stuffed Pineapple.
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp mustard powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 4 lb pork shoulder, skin removed
- Bottle BBQ sauce
- 1 large pineapple
- Around 20 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the sugar, salt, paprika, black pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder and onion powder. Rub the pork all over with the spice mix and roast for around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wrap with foil then turn down the heat to around 130° and return to the oven for around 5 hours, until the pork is soft and tender. Pull apart with forks and toss with BBQ sauce.
- Meanwhile, skin the pineapple and cut out a hollow in the middle (keeping the leaves and the bottom intact.
- Stuff pineapple with BBQ pulled pork.
- Stretch the bacon out and wrap it round the pineapple (secure with toothpicks.)
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20 mins. Take out of the oven and glaze with more BBQ sauce. Pop back in the oven for a further 20 mins.
- Slice and serve.