On his weekly cooking segment, WGN Entertainment Reporter Dean Richards shares easy and delicious recipe for Pasta Meatball Bundt Cake. (a healthier version of Robin Baumgarten’s retro Spaghetti-O Jello.)
- 16 oz. your choice of pasta, cooked and drained. I used ziti so the sauce can go “into” the holes.
- 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce of choice.
- ½ large green pepper, chopped in 1-inch squares, sauteed
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (fresh spinach can also be used, chopped).
- 1 cup chopped onion, sauteed in butter or oil
- 8 oz. chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Frozen Italian meatballs, cooked per package directions
- Pasta sauce to cover meatballs.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare pasta per package directions.
- Spray Bundt Pan with baking spray.
- Place green pepper pieces in the “bottom” of the bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta, sauce, spinach, cooked onion, roasted red peppers, parmesan cheese, eggs and spices together and pour into the bundt pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5-7 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- Fill the center of the bundt with sauce-covered meatballs.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Slice and serve.