WGN’s Dean Richards shares three different recipes for airfryer seafood, which include: Crabcakes, Salmon, Halibut.
AIR FRYER SHRIMP WITH LEMON AND PEPPER
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (Optional, 8 ounces of pasta, cooked per directions)
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
2. Place the shrimp in a Ziploc bag with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Carefully combine all ingredients.
3. Add parchment paper round (if using) and place the raw shrimp inside the air fryer in one layer.
4. Cook for about 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. The shrimp are done when the shells turn pink and the shrimp is just slightly white, but still a little opaque.
5. Remove the lemon pepper shrimp from the air fryer, serve with pasta if desired, and enjoy!
AIR FRYER CRAB CAKES
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs · 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (Lemon wedges for serving)
1. Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add the lump crab meat, pepper, green onions,n mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, and lemon juice and mix until just combined.
3. Gently form four evenly sized crab patties. Lump crab meat has a lot of juices inside and you want to keep as much in as possible.
4. Place a piece of parchment round down inside the hot air fryer then carefully place each crab cake in the air fryer.
5. Cook the fresh crab cakes in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes until the crust turns golden brown. Do not flip while cooking.
6. Remove the crab cakes from your air fryer and enjoy with your favorite sauce and extra lemon on top, if desired!
Air Fryer Garlic Salmon Filets
- 2 (6 ounce) skin-on salmon fillets, preferably wild-caught
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
2. Season the fresh salmon with salt and pepper then mix together the melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl.
3. Baste the salmon fillets with the garlic butter mixture and carefully place the salmon inside the air fryer side-by-side with the skin side down.
4. Cook for approximately 10 minutes until salmon flakes easily with a knife or fork.
5. Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.