Rob Levitt, Head Butcher and Chef at Publican Quality Meats
Publican Quality Meats
825 W. Fulton Market, Chicago, IL
Thanksgiving with the Publicans
What: Publican Quality Meats comes together with The Publican and Publican Quality Bread once again, bringing you this year’s indulgent at-home Thanksgiving Feast! Our offerings include an abundance of holiday favorites including savory sides, pull-apart rolls, house-made pies, wines, and more!
Where Pickup at The Publican (837 W. Fulton Street) and local delivery available
When: Monday, November 20th, Tuesday, November 21st, and Wednesday, November 22nd // 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Orders: Available here on Table22 https://app.table22.com/product/one-time/thanksgiving-with-the-publicans
- Turkey stock is the obvious choice for the best gravy and for moistening your stuffing.
- And post-Thanksgiving, turkey stock is perfect for soups, stews, braises— it’s as versatile as chicken stock for cooking and lends a delicious, wintery, roasted flavor to anything you are cooking!
- 1 turkey carcass from a 12-14 lbs. turkey
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 2 gallons of water (or enough to cover by 2 inches)
Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Using a ladle or large spoon, skim off any fat, or weird looking protein ‘goo’ that floats to the top. Simmer gently for 4-6 hours. Ladle stock through a fine strainer or cheesecloth into a container and chill as fast as possible. If you can, place the container of stock into a larger container of ice water to accelerate the cooling process. Place the cooled stock into pint or quart sized jars and refrigerate or freeze.